When two people with children are involved in litigation, their primary concerns are typically custody (Decision Making and Parenting Time). A determination of custody resolves disputes about who the children will live with, when they will visit the other parent, and who will make major decisions concerning their well-being.
There is nothing more important to parents than their children and both parties may feel as if their world is crumbling around them when faced with the thought of losing precious time or decision making rights. Knowledgeable and experienced Phoenix child custody attorneys are able to provide confidence and comfort to their clients during these difficult times.
The Ceroni Law Firm
The Ceroni Law Firm was founded by family, with families in mind. Our firm recognizes the importance of crafting creative solutions to disputed family law issues, while maintain steadfast advocacy for our clients. Our firm encourages our clients to take an active role in the outcome of their case- but when agreement simply is not possible, we are armed with the tools we need to succeed in the courtroom.
Factors the court considers in resolving custody disputes:
The court bases its final decision and what it finds is in the best interest of the child or children. In making this determination, the court considers the child’s best interest including but not limited to the following:
- The child’s past, present and potential future relationship with each parent.
- Relationships existing with siblings, grandparents and other significant individuals in the child’s life.
- Mental and physical health of both parents and the child.
- The child’s adjustment to his or her home, school and community.
- Willingness of one parent to encourage a relationship with the other one.
- Child preferences if the child is old enough and mature enough to express a preference.
- Any allegations of child neglect or abuse or of domestic violence.
To speak with an attorney about the application of these factors to your specific case, call The Ceroni Law Firm.